We all love the technology and the fun, magical Interest Graphs, but people tend to forget that Gravity is also made up of some pretty amazing individuals. We’d like to introduce them to you. The Meet The Graviteers series will share a brief inside look at the people that are Gravity.
State your name and title, please.
Michael L. Olivier, Senior UX/UI Designer.
What do you do at Gravity?
I design things, like all of our interest graphs and plugins. I also work with marketing to help meet all of their design needs. I create the avatars for these blog posts too. I hope no one gets mad at me for their avatar.
How long have you been with the company?
Just about 1 year.
What do you think makes Gravity unique?
What is your favorite cuisine?
Blueberries – or raspberries – all day, everyday. Perhaps with something lemon-based.
How do you get your news every day?
Depends on if I drive or bike to work. If I am driving the kids to school, I listen to NPR on the radio (when the kids aren’t talking to me). Online– I get my news through BBC, NYT, Google News and NFL.com. I guess that paints me as a pretty left wing Patriots fan, oh well…
Quick! Pick one:
- Childhood dream job? Until the Challenger explosion, I wanted to be an astronaut. But once that happened, I wanted to be an artist. I am pretty much living the dream now!
- How do you take your coffee or tea? Black.
- What’s the last song you listened to? Dance Yourself Clean by LCD Soundsystem . It was playing in the background of a video of a ski clip.
- Favorite Holiday? The first day of spring because it’s my birthday.
- Planes, Trains or Automobiles? Bikes.