We all love the technology and the fun, magical Interest Graphs, but people tend to forget that Gravity is also made up of some pretty amazing individuals. We’d like to introduce them to you. The Meet The Graviteers series will share a brief inside look at the people that are Gravity.
State your name and title, please.
Spencer Brown, VP of Product at Gravity.
What do you do at Gravity?
I manage Gravity’s product roadmap. It’s an excellent position because I get to work across the entire company, understanding the problems that our partners are facing. I then translate those problems into solutions via the products Gravity offers.
How long have you been with the company?
Three years in July.
What is your favorite part about working for Gravity?
I’d say it’s the culture. We breed success, have amazing technology and amazing people. But I think what makes Gravity unique is the fact that we really excel at all three and are able to maintain high standards across all three. That is what makes Gravity special and unique.
How do you get your news every day?
Sadly, Facebook is probably my biggest source. As well as the radio to and from work, where NPR is my biggest one.
If you could eat one thing/meal for the rest of your life, what would it be?
Sushi. I’m on a Red Snapper kick lately, but the go-to is a good piece of albacore.
Quick! Pick one:
- Childhood dream job? I actually think I wanted to be an architect. I thought building stuff was fun. I guess this is probably why I ended up in product.
- Chocolate or Vanilla? Vanilla.
- What do you do in your spare time? My free time revolves around my daughters’ activities, and occasionally trying to surf.
- What’s the last song you listened to? Since the radio was on KROQ, probably Chili Peppers as that’s all they play.
- Favorite place in the world? If I had to say where I’d want go — it would be Hawaii. I’ve been able to go a few times, but not nearly enough.