We all love the technology and the fun, magical Interest Graphs, but people tend to forget that Gravity is also made up of some pretty amazing individuals. We’d like to introduce them to you. The Meet The Graviteers series will share a brief inside look at the people that are Gravity.
State your name and title, please.
Name is Sylvana Yelda, and I am a data scientist.
What do you do at Gravity?
I analyze the data in our network. I try to explain trends I find and any anomalies that may pop up in the data.
How long have you been with the company?
Almost three months.
What is your favorite part about working for Gravity?
In the short amount of time that I have been here, I have noticed it is a very collaborative and supportive group of people. And I like the location, of course.
How do you get your news every day?
I use social media like Twitter and Facebook. I also check the NY Times and Washington Post a couple times a day.
If you could eat one thing/meal for the rest of your life, what would it be?
That’s easy, Guacamole.
Quick! Pick one:
- **Childhood dream job?** When I was a kid I wanted to be a professional basketball player, especially when the WNBA started.
- Chocolate or Vanilla? Chocolate.
- What do you do in your spare time? I like to stay active. I play basketball, beach volleyball, softball and I box.
- What’s the last song you listened to? Hide and Seek, Imogen Heap. It is on my iTunes.
- Favorite place in the world? Anywhere in Italy.