We all love the technology and the fun, magical Interest Graphs, but people tend to forget that Gravity is also made up of some pretty amazing individuals. We’d like to introduce them to you. The Meet The Graviteers series will share a brief inside look at the people that are Gravity.
State your name and title, please.
Tom Chappell, Senior Software Engineer.
What do you do at Gravity?
I work on the ingestion systems that we use to acquire new recommendable content from our partners.
How long have you been with the company?
A little over a year and a half.
What is your favorite part about working for Gravity?
It’s gotta be the people. The work is fascinating and the technology is incredibly interesting, but the team is just amazing. My boss Richard once said, ”Everybody here loves to learn and loves to teach,” which is totally true — they’re the nicest, smartest bunch of people I’ve ever worked with.
How do you get your news every day?
New York Times, public radio, and Reddit.
If you could eat one thing/meal for the rest of your life, what would it be?
Thai food, Beef Panang – spicy!
Quick! Pick one:
- **Childhood dream job?** Something to do with science or medicine, maybe a rocket scientist.
- Chocolate or Vanilla? Raspberry.
- What’s the last song you listened to? Rainbow Road by Steve Goodman.
- Favorite place in the world? France – I’m a huge Francophile.
- What do you do in your spare time? Two years ago I met a neat woman and married her, so that whole ‘free time’ thing is a solved problem.