We all love the technology and the fun, magical Interest Graphs, but people tend to forget that Gravity is also made up of some pretty amazing individuals. We’d like to introduce them to you. The Meet The Graviteers series will share a brief inside look at the people that are Gravity.
State your name and title, please.
Trey DeCamp, software engineer.
What do you do at Gravity?
I work on the full stack system that we have here, which includes the backend servers as well as the dashboard.
How long have you been with the company?
I started at the end of October 2014.
What is your favorite part about working for Gravity?
So much stuff! This is definitely the best software job I have ever had. I like the people I work with, the projects I am working on and the location is amazing. The biggest thing is my coworkers are amazing to work with because everyone wants to work together for a greater goal. No One points fingers.
How do you get your news every day?
I literally have a bookmarks folder with about 8 websites I go to everyday. Sites like the New York Times, Washington Post, and Re:code. I find FiveThirtyEight has some really interesting graphs and stats.
If you could eat one thing/meal for the rest of your life, what would it be?
I am a sweets person. So even though I would die quickly, it would have to be pecan pie a la mode.
Quick! Pick one:
- Childhood dream job? There was a long time where I wanted to be a Ghostbuster. I had the backpack and a jumpsuit with my name on it.
- Chocolate or Vanilla? Chocolate.
- What do you do in your spare time? I like kiteboarding, bicycling, reading and movies.
- What’s the last song you listened to? A song of Jason’s old band.
- Favorite place in the world? Probably Disneyland.