We all love the technology and the fun, magical Interest Graphs, but people tend to forget that Gravity is also made up of some pretty amazing individuals. We’d like to introduce them to you. The Meet The Graviteers series will share a brief inside look at the people that are Gravity.
State your name and title, please.
My name is Tuffon Benavides and I am the software QA engineer here at Gravity.
What do you do at Gravity?
I make sure all the software that the developers write goes through a quality assurance system. Basically I write software to test software. From the dashboard to interest services, I test all of our data jobs.
How long have you been with the company?
I started last September (2014).
What is your favorite part about working for Gravity?
The team, obviously. It really is the best part about working here. My coworkers are the most brilliant people I have ever worked with, it’s exciting to be working with such great people. Compared to other jobs I have had, I can tell I have a lot to learn which is a humbling feeling.
I have to also mention the coconut water is also key.
How do you get your news every day?
It sucks to admit but probably Facebook, Reddit and word of mouth.
If you could eat one thing/meal for the rest of your life, what would it be?
I’d go with a real big sushi feast with sake and beer — all that good stuff!
Quick! Pick one:
- Childhood dream job? I wanted to be an aerospace engineer and get into top secret air space stuff.
- Chocolate or Vanilla? Both/mixed.
- What do you do in your spare time? I mostly hang out with friends and explore different places in LA: Eastside/Westside alike.
- What’s the last song you listened to? Stromae – Papaoutai
- Favorite place in the world? Outer space.