We all love the technology and the fun, magical Interest Graphs, but people tend to forget that Gravity is also made up of some pretty amazing individuals. We’d like to introduce them to you. The Meet The Graviteers series will share a brief inside look at the people that are Gravity.
State your name and title, please.
My name is Aaron Hiniker and I am a senior Scala engineer.
What do you do at Gravity?
As of late, I’ve been working on the recommendation pipeline and some internal features to help the team work more efficiently. The great thing about Gravity is I get to work on different things all the time.
How long have you been with the company?
Almost two years.
What do you think makes Gravity unique?
I think the culture here is very special. The problem set that we work on is interesting and the people at Gravity are some of the brightest I have worked with. I also like the flexibility and work-life balance that we have here and the fact that we are so close to the beach.
What is your favorite cuisine?
Does grilling count? That is my favorite thing to do. Steaks, chicken, shrimp, corn-on-the-cob, veggies, everything–all of it!
How do you get your news every day?
Mostly social media sites like Reddit, Digg, Facebook, various blogs and once in awhile I will watch the morning news.
Quick! Pick one:
- Childhood dream job? To be an engineer, of course! I would always take new toys apart to figure out how they worked. Computers weren’t as big back then, so early on I wanted to be a mechanical engineer.
- How do you take your coffee or tea? Black with a splash of milk!
- What’s the last song you listened to? Gin and Juice by Richard Cheese, thanks Jarrett!
- Favorite Holiday? Christmas because I like the snow, lights and decorations.
- Planes, Trains or Automobiles? Well, I prefer to travel on planes because you can cover a lot of ground in less time, cross oceans and someone else is doing the driving for you–and I like the view from 30,000 feet.